Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
1. The Website is not designed to collect and/or receive any personally identifiable information by itself. Cipla is not able to identify you personally unless you access Website and/or provide any personally identifiable information.
2. Active collection of information: Cipla collects personal information that you enter into data fields on this Websites. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, email address, and/ or other information in order to receive information about various subjects. To protect your privacy, you should not provide Cipla with any information that is not specifically requested.
3. Passive Collection of information: Cipla Websites may collect information about your visits to Cipla Web sites without you actively submitting such information. This information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and web beacons. The Website may capture some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, GPS location data, mobile phone service provider, details of operating system, the browser version your computer, etc. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of the Website easier by allowing Cipla to provide better service, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyse trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Website. Such information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identity you without additional identifiable information.
Intended Use of Personally Identifiable Information
4. Cipla will use the personal information you provide through the Website to respond to your questions, have efficient communication and to provide you with efficient customer service. After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on the Website, Cipla may use certain identifying technologies to allow that website to "remember" your personal preferences, such as sections of the Website that you visit frequently and, if you choose, your user ID.
5. Cipla shall collect, store and use your information in compliance with all applicable laws. You may always limit the amount and type of personal information that Cipla receives about you by choosing not to enter any personal information into forms or data fields on the Website. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate personal information. Other parts of the Website may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional services that may be of interest to you. If opted to do so, we may use this information for marketing and promotional purpose. For example, in accordance with applicable law and with your consent, we will use your email address to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, and to contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
6. Cipla does not support “spamming". Spamming is defined as sending unsolicited emails, usually of a commercial nature, in large numbers and repeatedly to individuals with whom the sender has had no previous contact or who have declined to receive such communications. In contrast, Cipla may send periodic emails to its visitors on area of interest expressed by them, however giving you the choice of opting out of such service.
Non-Disclosure of Information
7. Personal information on the Website may be accessed by Cipla, by certain companies with which Cipla may conduct joint programs, and by individuals and entities with whom Cipla contracts to carry out business activities for Cipla.
8. Cipla does not sell or rent your personal Information with anyone else.
10. We may release your personal information when we believe release is required to comply with applicable law. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review, the release is compelled by law or regulation.
Protection of personal information
11. Cipla will maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures to protect personally identifiable information.
12. As a policy, Cipla secures each web page that collects personal information; however, the confidentiality of personal information transmitted over the Internet will not be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
13. Cipla is not obliged to store your Information for a period which is beyond the intended purpose for which such Information was collected or submitted.
Links to other websites
Use of our websites by children
15. Cipla does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (we define "children" as minors younger than 18) on the Website. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us and we will work with you to address this issue.
Right to access your personal information on the Website
16. If you wish to review, change, add or remove the personal information you have entered on the Website on your own, you can do so using the “Edit” option available to your profile. In case of any issue, you may contact us for the same.
17. If you have questions about the use, amendment, or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from an Cipla business or a particular Cipla program, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the Web site you are visiting or by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following
Attention: Legal Department
Cipla Limited, Tower A, 1st floor, Peninsula Business Park,
Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai- 400 013, India
18. In all communications to Cipla, please include the email address used for registration (if applicable), the Website address and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete or amend your personal information and are contacting us by email, please put "Deletion Request" or "Amendment Request", as applicable, in the subject line of the email. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
Change in Policy